2. SAN FRANCISCO (4) - Bonds and Feliz smack walk off homers on consecutive nights... but then, really, what has Bonds done in his career that Feliz hasn't?
3. NY YANKEES (3) - Yeah... well... DEREK JETER PARTIES TOO MUCH!
4. SEATTLE (2) - M's have now won just one series since June 26 (12-15 in that stretch).
5. BOSTON (5) - Hey, Pedro likes QuesTec too!
6. OAKLAND (6) - Rich Harden gets called up and promptly looks dominant while going 1-0 in 2 starts with a 1.29 ERA. I was wondering when this team would finally get some decent starting pitchers.
7. KANSAS CITY (8) - Does Lima ever lose? No way Jose (7-0).
8. PHILADELPHIA (7) - Mike Williams now 0-2 with a 9.64 ERA in 5 appearances with the team. There's gotta be a cheaper way to get a guy to come in and lose games.
9. FLORIDA (15) - 6-1 week and a weekend series sweep of the Phillies has them just 2 back in the wild card hunt.
10. HOUSTON (11) - Jeff Bagwell - born May 27, 1968 - hits homer # 400 just days before Frank Thomas - born May 27, 1968 - does the same. And you know, I've never seen them in the same place at the same time. Makes you wonder if they're not the same person...
11. ARIZONA (9) - Shea hello to my li'l friend: 7 HR's 26 RBI's and a .331 average in just 33 games with the D'Backs.
12. CHICAGO WHITE SOX (19) - See Houston. Except Thomas did it 5 days later so he just isn't as cool. Assuming they aren't the exact same person, that is....
13. ST. LOUIS (12) - Where's Rick Ankiel when you need him?
14. LOS ANGELES (13) - Your team can't hit Major League pitching. I'm just gonna write that every week until you acquire someone other than Jeromy Burnitz to solve the problem. And no, Rickey Henderson doesn't count!
15. MONTREAL (16) - I KNOW I didn't just hear you even THINK of trading Vlad, did I?
16. COLORADO (14) - Hey, is it just me, or does the ball seem to just fly out of Coors Field?
17. TORONTO (17) - Think Halladay will ever lose again? Think any other Jays pitcher will ever win again?
18. CHICAGO CUBS (18) - You know, stealing players from the poor Pirates doesn't make you very nice. But it does make your team a whole lot better.
19. MINNESOTA (23) - Time to turn the A.C. up.
20. ANAHEIM (10) - Defending World Series Champs. I just figured I'd say it so Angels fans everywhere could enjoy it while it lasts.
21. BALTIMORE (22) - If Melvin's hitting this way - 9 for his last 56 (.161) - they're Mora-less done.
22. PITTSBURGH (21) – Hey, they're still trying. All they did was give up their closer, their speed man, and their third baseman who was finally reaching his potential.
23. CINCINNATI (20) - I won't be offended if you stop reading at this point.
24. CLEVELAND (24) - And everyone wonders why Milton Bradley is always so angry.
25. NY METS (25) - Name me a hitter on this team... no really, I dare you.
26. TEXAS (26) - 20 games below .500. That's like one game for every million dollars you're paying A-Rod this year. Allright, a little more than a million. But at least the team is better for it.
27. MILWAUKEE (27) - I've targeted some problem areas you should address before the trading deadline: starting pitching and more consistent hitting... and some speed would help... as well as power... oh, and middle relief would be nice... the defense could use a little work too, but let's not get carried away here.
28. SAN DIEGO (28) - Doesn't it bother you that you're behind Milwaukee?!?
29. TAMPA BAY (29) - Let's get philosophical: if a team is horrible and no one's around to watch them, do the games still count?
30. DETROIT (30) - Well, look at it this way: Lions training camp is opening up... sorry.
Luke Lapinski lives in Tempe, AZ and attends the Arizona State University, where he hosts the radio show, "The Mad UnderGrads." He once ate a hot dog from the Kingdome and survived to tell about it. Luke enjoys reading feedback, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.